Spicy Jalapeno Mexican Street Corn Nachos
Make sure you are GAME READY with your food menu.
Chef Dino has crafted a delicious and easy recipe idea that will definitely score extra points at your next sports gathering!
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 3 cups frozen corn
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1 (14-ounce) bag low salt tortilla chips
- 1 pound Monterey Jack cheese, grated
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1/2 cup cream
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup crumbled feta cheese
1/4 cup Four Fathers Jalapeno Hot Sauce
- 1/8 teaspoon chipotle chili powder
- 2 tablespoons sour cream
- 1/2 lime, sliced into wedges
- 2 tablespoons chopped cilantro
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Spread the tortilla chips out on a large sheet pan and place in the oven for 10 minutes, until lightly browned.
- Make cheese sauce:
- While the tortilla chips are toasting, prepare the cheese sauce. Set up a double boiler with an inch of water in the lower pan. If you don't have a double boiler, place an inch of water in a small saucepan and place a metal bowl over it so that steam from the boiling water below heats the bottom of the bowl. Do not let the bowl touch the water.
- Place the grated Monterey Jack cheese in the top pan or bowl of the double boiler. Mix with the cornstarch. Pour in the cream and milk (can use half and half if you want). Add the minced garlic.
- Once the tortilla chips are lightly browned, remove them from the oven. Transfer to a large serving platter.
- Pour the cheese sauce over the chips. Sprinkle the top with the toasted corn. Sprinkle with feta cheese crumbles. Sprinkle with chipotle chili powder. Drizzle with sour cream. Sprinkle with cilantro.
- Drizzle Four Fathers Jalapeno Hot Sauce and sprinkle with a little lime juice and serve immediately with lime wedges.
TOAST TORTILLA CHIPS
Sear the corn, then mix with mayoHeat oil on high heat in a large, cast-iron pan. When the oil is almost smoking hot, add half of the frozen corn to the pan. Spread it out in the pan and let it sear. Stir occasionally, until most of the corn kernels have become golden brown.Remove the corn from the pan to a bowl, and repeat with the remaining frozen corn kernels.Mix the corn with the mayonnaise and set aside.