Cayenne Chicken Saltimbocca
Skip the restaurants this year and whip up a delicious and romantic dinner for two for you and your valentine at home instead. Your date will love the thoughtful gesture of a delicious home cooked meal!
Chef Dino has shared this flavourful Chicken Saltimbocca recipe - chicken cutlets wrapped in prosciutto and flavored with sage, is an Italian dish that's worthy of company. It feels super fancy, but it's surprisingly simple to make at home.
- 8 (6 ounce) chicken cutlets
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- 16 large fresh sage leaves
- 16 thin slices prosciutto
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 cup dry white wine
- 1 cup low-sodium chicken broth
- ½ stick butter
2 tbsp Four Fathers Cayenne Hot Sauce
If cutlets are thick, lay them between 2 sheets of wax paper and pound to 1/2-inch thickness with the flat side of a meat mallet or bottom of a small, heavy skillet. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Put 2 large (or 5 small) sage leaves on top of each cutlet, then wrap 2 slices of prosciutto crosswise around each cutlet, holding sage in place.
- Heat 1 1/2 tablespoons oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add 4 cutlets and cook until no longer pink in the center and the juices run clear, about 2 minutes per side. Transfer to a platter; tent with foil to keep warm. Repeat with remaining 1 1/2 tablespoons oil and remaining 4 cutlets.
- Add wine to skillet and simmer, scraping up any browned bits, 1 minute. Add broth and simmer until slightly reduced, 4 to 5 minutes. Remove from heat; add butter along with Four Fathers Cayenne hot sauce and swirl skillet until butter has melted and sauce is creamy. Spoon 2 tablespoons of sauce over each cutlet and serve.