Spicy Cayenne Pipi E Patati (aka fried peppers and potatoes)
Spicy Pipi E Patati (aka fried peppers and potatoes)
This is a traditional Italian dish brought over by John and Dino's Mother
This dish is topped off with our Four Fathers Food Co. Cayenne hot sauce
- extra virgin olive oil (or preferred frying oil)
- 4 medium size potatoes
- 3 bell peppers (or equivalent amount of other sweet peppers)
3 tbsp Four Fathers Cayenne hot sauce
Cut the bell peppers into 1/2″ wide slivers lengthwise. Remove all seeds.
- Peel, wash, and cut the potatoes into approx. 1/2″ thick wedges.
- Fill a large non-stick or cast-iron frying pan with a 1/4″ – 1/2″ layer of oil.
- Heat on medium for approx. 40s or until hot. Note: Be careful NOT to burn the olive oil.
- Add bell peppers. flip, when necessary, with tongs. Cook until soft or starting to change color (approx. 7 mins. Remove from oil.
- Add the potatoes to same oil. Cook until soft and golden brown. Fry a little longer if you want more crispy bits. Remove from oil.
- Add cooked potatoes and peppers in a large bowl, add salt to taste and Four Fathers cayenne hot sauce and mix together.
- Serve after 15 minutes or let sit at room temperature to be eaten later in the day