Beer Braised Brisket
This easy-baked oven brisket is cooked low and slow for a tender, juicy dish that is packed with a ton of flavour and spiciness.
- 1 fresh beef brisket (2-1/2 to 3 pounds)
- 2 teaspoons liquid smoke, optional
- 1 teaspoon celery salt
2 tablespoons Four Fathers Cayenne Hot Sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 large onion, sliced
- 1 can (12 ounces) Peoples Pint (Goldie Boat English Golden Ale)
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1/4 cup cold water
- Cut brisket in half; rub with liquid smoke, if desired, and celery salt, Four Fathers Cayenne Hot Sauce and salt. Place in a 3-qt. slow cooker. Top with onion. Combine beer and Worcestershire sauce; pour over meat. Cover and cook on low for 8-9 hours or until tender.
- Remove brisket and keep warm. Strain cooking juices; transfer to a small saucepan. In a small bowl, combine cornstarch and water until smooth; stir into juices. Bring to a boil; cook and stir until thickened, about 2 minutes. Serve beef with gravy.