Grilled Shrimp and Pineapple Skewers
The weather is HOT and so is this dish 🔥🔥🔥
Fire up the BBQ with this recipe featuring our Four Fathers Food Co. Cayenne hot sauce: Spicy Grilled Shrimp and Pineapple Skewers
- 1 pound large raw, peeled and deveined shrimp (21–15 or 16–20 size)
- 1 pound pineapple chunks- cut to the same thickness as shrimp (appx. ¾ inch thick)
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 1 lime – ⅛ cup lime juice and it’s zest
- 1 orange- ¼ cup orange juice
- 1 tablespoon honey or maple
- 3 cloves rough chopped garlic
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon cumin
2 tbsp Four Fathers Cayenne Hot Sauce
- Garnish – limes, cilantro
Soak skewers if using wood.
- Place shrimp in a bowl or zip-lock bag.
- Blend marinade ingredients together in a blender until smooth.
- Pour marinade over shrimp and marinate 20-30 minutes. Prep pineapple.
- Preheat the grill to medium.
- Drain the marinade from the bag or bowl into a small saucepan.
- Skewer shrimp and pineapple, alternating on skewers (should make appx. 12- 10” skewers)
- Grease the grill well.
- Lay the skewers down, grilling each side for approximately 3-4 minutes and shrimp is cooked, but not overcooked.
- Place on a serving platter and serve