Spicy Broccoli Pasta
Dinner, Spicy Broccoli Pasta
This spicy Broccoli Pasta has your favourite pasta smothered in a spicy and buttery garlic parmigiano cheese sauce with herbs and lots of broccoli! Add a Four Fathers Cayenne hot sauce for the ultimate flavour that your family will love!
- 1 lbs cooked pasta of your choice, pasta water reserved
- 4 cups broccoli florets
- 2 cups basil leaves, lightly packed
- 2 garlic cloves
- ¼ cup pine nuts
- 1 cup extra virgin olive oil
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 cup Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese, grated
2 tbsp FF Cayenne hot sauce
In a large pot, bring water to a rapid boil*
Add broccoli, bring the water back up to a boil for two minutes. Do not drain the water! Immediately transfer broccoli (with a spoon strainer) to a colander, place under cold running water to stop further cooking.
- Bring the water back to a boil and add your favorite pasta and cook according to the package (reserve 1 cup of pasta cooking water before draining) *
- In a large blender or food processor, blend together broccoli, basil, garlic, pine nuts, olive oil, salt and Parmigiano-Reggiano until smooth. Slowly pour in 1 cup of reserved pasta water until a nice sauce is formed. If sauce is too thick, add more pasta water one tablespoon at a time.
Toss hot pasta with sauce until completely coated. Top with FF Cayenne hot sauce, extra Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese, pine nuts and chili flakes if desired. Enjoy!
*It is important to salt your water before adding the broccoli and pasta. Do this to your own taste.