Spicy Thai Basil Chicken
Here is a #glutenfree recipe to help get your week started! 😄
Spicy Thai Basil Chicken 🌶
Made with our Four Fathers Food Co. Jalapeno Hot Sauce
- 3 shallots
- 5 large garlic cloves
3 tbsp Four Fathers Jalapeno Hot Sauce
- 2 tablespoons avocado oil, or peanut oil
- 1 pound ground chicken (or sub ground turkey)
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons coconut sugar, honey, or sugar
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon fish sauce
- 1 red bell pepper
- 1 cup Thai basil leaves, regular basil will work too
- pinch of ground anise seeds if using regular basil (optional)
If serving with rice, start that first.
- Heat up a pan or wok to medium-high heat. Add oil and shallots, stir for 2 minutes.
- Add garlic and hot peppers, stir for 2 more minutes until shallots are slightly brown on the edges. Scoop out into a bowl and set aside.
- Without cleaning out the pan, add oil, turn the heat to high, add ground chicken, black pepper, and salt. Stir fry a couple minutes until chicken is cooked and starting to brown. Sprinkle coconut sugar, soy sauce, fish sauce, Four Fathers Jalapeno hot sauce over the chicken and stir all together. Add bell pepper and shallot mixture. Cook for about a minute, just enough to warm, then add basil leaves and turn heat off.
- Serve over jasmine rice.