Cayenne Zucchini (Courgette) Curry
Keep your new years resolution going with this healthy & spicy recipe 🤤
👉 Spicy Zucchini Curry
Made with our Four Fathers Food Cayenne hot sauce
#Vegan #Vegetarian #Glutenfree #Ketofriendly
Spicy level: 3/5
- 3 medium zucchinis
- 2-3 tbsp sunflower oil
- 1 red onion, halved and finely sliced
2 tbsp Four Fathers Cayenne Hot Sauce
- 1-2 red chillies, finely chopped
- 40g ginger, peeled and finely grated
- 4 garlic cloves, finely grated
- 2 tsp garam masala
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp ground turmeric
- 400g can chickpeas, drained
- 400g can chopped tomatoes
- 400g can coconut milk
- cooked basmati rice, to serve (remove for optional Keto)
Trim the ends of the zucchinis, halve them lengthways and using a teaspoon, scrape out the watery seeds in the center. Slice the zucchini halves, then roughly chop the seeds and reserve for later.
- Heat 2 tbsp oil in a large frying pan over a medium heat and fry the sliced zucchinis until golden, about 8-10 mins. Remove from the pan, leaving the oil behind, then add the onion and a further tablespoon of oil, if necessary, along with a good pinch of salt and pepper. Fry for 6-8 mins until soft and just starting to turn a light brown, then add in the chillies, FF Cayenne Hot Sauce, ginger and garlic, and cook for 2 mins until starting to soften. Stir in the spices and cook for another 30 seconds.
- Add in the chickpeas and pour in the tomatoes, coconut milk and reserved zucchini seeds. Simmer over a medium-low heat for 10 mins before adding the zucchini back to the pan and cooking for a further 8-10 mins. Serve with basmati rice and sides of your choice.